Attended by: Cory Schummer, Bill Leary, Dan Jones, Linda Kambe
1. Members in attendance approved the June minutes with no corrections.
2. We discussed the idea of investing the $1000 not spent on Shagbark street repairs ($5000 was budgeted, but the cost was about $4000). Reasons to not take that course of action are:a. Full cost of the park mulch was not budgeted, so the $1000 will help with that expense
b. Best to wait until end of year to see what liquid funds are remaining and invest them accordingly
3. Brief discussion on Cory’s proposal to replace the accounting firm with a paid OHA Treasurer. Dan provided some feedback on the benefits of having the continuity and guaranteed level of service of an accounting firm as opposed to an ‘in house’ treasurer, with the continued risk of that position being vacated due to people moving, losing interest, etc.
More discussion on this topic will occur at the August 18 meeting.
1. Cory introduced Craig’s suggested by law change regarding enforcement of Covenants. This will also be discussed at the August meeting.
- Dan: CD investment update – will go ahead and purchase the CD as approved via the email vote.
- Linda: Was quoted $185 by FS to spray the boat lot for weeds. A motion was made to approve this expense, was seconded, and voted on and approved by all. Linda will arrange to get the work done.
The junk cars have been towed from the lot. Linda is looking into how to the junk camping trailer out of there as the City won’t tow it.
- So far, there are two volunteers to assist with the Long Range Planning Committee.
- Cory: The annual meeting will be on September 15 and will be publicized via the post card, email tree, and the web site. Information to include will be solicitation of new board members.
- We talked about posting on the web site the names of those homeowners who are behind in their dues, once liens have been put on their property. We thought that was a good plan and a warning regarding that plans will be included on the postcard.
- Bill: no update on boat lot drainage. Shannon Wahls recommended contacting Williamson Farm Drainage to see if they would be interested in bidding on the job to improve drainage in the boat lot.