August Oakwoods’ Homeowner’s Association Meeting
Attended by: Bill Leary, Shannon Wahls, Cory Schummer, April Jackson, Dan Jones, Tony Wahls
Agenda Items Addressed:
- Members approved July’s meeting minutes.
- The idea of bi-monthly meetings was discussed. A new proposal will be put together to allow for monthly or bi-monthly meetings depending on the business needs of the association
- Craig Punzirudu proposed a change with Article XII - General Provisions. This discussion will take place at next month’s meeting.
- Tony Wahls reviewed OHA insurance coverages and submitted a proposal to switch carriers. The proposal will increase insurance expenses by approximately $120 per year. However, the board feels the cost is justified because it will cover legal expenses incurred if the OHA is sued: a coverage the board did not have previously. The following board members voted yes: Dan Jones, April Jackson, Bill Leary, Shannon Wahls. The following voted no: Cory Schummer.
- Homeowner’s Dues: 50 homes owe dues. A balance of $7,714.21 is owed to the OHA. A 30 day notice will be given to these homes who have not paid. After 30 days, if the balance has not been paid, a lien will be placed on these homes.
- Please note: The Annual Homeowners’s Meeting will be held at the park on Wednesday, Sept. 15th at 5:30.
- Bill Leary has a meeting set up with Williamson Farm Drainage later this week to discuss the boat lot grading. Other businesses will be contact for further bids as well.
- The Garage Sale will be on Saturday, September 18th. An ad will be placed in the Pantagraph.